Your privacy is very important to us. We act in your interest and we are committed to protecting and safeguarding any personal data you give us.
1) What type of personal data does Baityourhook.com collect?In order to provide our services and help you to find and book a Fishing trip there are certain pieces of information we ask for – your name, email address, your telephone number, other contact details, etc. You can also decide to provide additional details or submit special requests (e.g. certain preferences). In addition to this, we also collect information from your computer, tablet, mobile phone or other device you're using to access our services. This can include the IP address, the browser, and your language settings. This is a basic overview of the information we collect, please find a lot more detail below.
Information we collect automaticallyEven if you don’t end up making a Fishing trip reservation, when you visit Baityourhook.com website or app we automatically collect certain information. This includes your IP address, the date and time you accessed our services, the hardware, software or internet browser you use, and information about your computer or mobile device’s operating system, settings and characteristics, like application versions and language settings. We also collect information about clicks and which pages have been shown to you. When you make a reservation, our system registers through which means and from which websites you made your reservation or entered the Baityourhook.com website and/or app.
Information we receive from third partiesWe might also receive information about you from other sources. First of all, these include our affiliate partners. Our services are not only made available through Baityourhook.com, but are also integrated into services of our affiliate partners you can find online. When you use some of these, you provide the reservation details to our affiliate partner, who then forward your details to us. Another example is when Fishing operators may share information about you with Baityourhook.com too – this may happen if you have any questions about our services or when, for example, disputes arise about a Fishing trip reservation.
2) Why does Baityourhook.com collect and use your personal data?
The main reason we ask you for personal details is to provide access to world-class fishing trips and ensure you get the best service and customer experience possible. Your personal information might be used in the following ways:
- Fishing trip reservations: First and foremost, we use your personal data to book Fishing trips and complete Fishing trip reservation process, which is essential to what we do as a company.
- Customer service: Sharing your personal details, such as your name, contact details or Fishing trip reservation details with our customer service staff allows us to respond when you need us – including helping you find an appropriate Fishing operator or responding to any questions you might have.
- User account: Baityourhook.com users can create a user account. We use the information you give us to manage this account, allowing you to manage your Fishing trip reservations, create subscriptions, post reviews, take advantage of special offers and manage your personal settings.
- Marketing activities: For example, we might use your contact information to send you our news or special offers which we believe may be of interest to you when you make a reservation with us or set up a user account. You can unsubscribe from these marketing communications quickly, easily and anytime – just click on the "Unsubscribe" link included in every newsletter.
- Communicating with you: There may be other times when we get in touch with you. For example, we might contact you responding to and handling any requests you have made. If you haven't finalized a Fishing trip reservation online, we can contact you with a reminder to continue with your reservation. In addition, we might send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with Baityourhook.com or the Fishing operator.
- Market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. When you're invited to participate, review the information provided to better understand what personal data is collected and how it used.
- Improving our services: We also use personal data for analytical purposes to improve our services and enhance the user experience, but can also be used for testing purposes, and improving the functionality and quality of our online services.
- Angler reviews: After the Fishing trip you might be invited to submit a review to inform other anglers about the quality of the Fishing trip and/or Fishing operator. We can also enable anglers traveling with you or on whose behalf you have booked to provide a review. By completing an angler review, you are agreeing that it can be displayed on our website, our mobile app, our social media accounts or on the relevant Fishing operator or affiliate partner’s website.
Providing your personal data to Baityourhook.com is voluntary. However, depending on the type of service you want to use, we might only be able to provide you with this service if certain personal data is collected. For instance, we cannot process Fishing trip reservation if we don't collect your name and contact details.
3) How does Baityourhook.com share your data with third parties?
In certain circumstances, we share your personal data with third parties. The primary purpose is to share relevant personal data with the Fishing operator to complete your Fishing trip reservation. There are also other parties that can receive some of your data. Please see below more detail about that.
- The Fishing operator: In order to complete your Fishing trip reservation, we transfer relevant reservation details to the Fishing operator. Depending on the type of Fishing trip and the Fishing operator requirements, this can include your name, email address, telephone number, your preferences and other info you specified when you made the reservation. Another example is if you have a query about a Fishing trip, we may contact the Fishing operator and ask them to handle your request.
- Business Partners: We work with a number of business partners, which distribute or advertise
the Baityourhook.com services. First of all, these include our affiliate partners.
When you make a reservation on one of our affiliate partners’ websites or apps, certain personal data that you give them such as your name, email address and other relevant information will be forwarded to us to complete your Fishing trip reservation. At the same moment, the business partners can receive certain parts of your personal data such as your name and email address. This is for their own internal purposes (such as analytical or marketing purposes). Take the time to read their privacy notice if you want to understand how they may process your personal data.
- Competent Authorities: We disclose personal data to law enforcement insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud or if we're otherwise legally obliged to do so.
4) How does Baityourhook.com process direct communications between you and Fishing operators?
Baityourhook.com offers you various means such as "Baityourhook’s chat" to communicate directly with Fishing operators and send them questions and inquiries about the Fishing operator, Fishing trips and Fishing trip reservation process, directing the communications through Baityourhook.com.
Baityourhook.com accesses communications and may use automated systems to review and analyze communications for security purposes; fraud prevention; compliance with legal and regulatory requirements; product development and improvement; research; and customer or technical support.
We reserve the right to block the delivery of or review communications that we, in our sole discretion, believe may contain malicious content, spam, or may pose a risk to you, Fishing operators, Baityourhook.com or others.
Please note that all communications sent or received using Baityourhook.com communication tools will be received and stored by Baityourhook.com.
5) How does Baityourhook.com use mobile devices?
In addition to our regular website we offer apps for mobile devices, as well as versions of our regular website that have been optimized for mobile and tablet browsing. These apps and mobile websites process the personal details you give us in much the same way as our website does. With your consent, we may send you push notifications with information about your Fishing trip reservation. You may grant us access to your location data enabling us to show Fishing trips nearby, if you want us to do so.
Please read the instructions of your mobile device to understand how to change the settings and enable the sharing of such data or the receipt of push notifications.
6) How does Baityourhook.com use social media?
We use social media in different ways and for different purposes. We use it partly to facilitate the use of online reservation services, but also to promote our Fishing operators’ products and services and to advertise, improve and facilitate our own services.
- Login with your social media account. We offer you the opportunity to sign into Baityourhook.com user account with your social media account, which saves you from having to remember different user names and passwords for different online services.
- Integration of social media plugins: We also have integrated social media plugins into the Baityourhook.com website and apps. This means that when you click on one of the buttons (such as Facebook’s "Like" button) certain information is shared with these social media providers.
When you, for example, sign into Baityourhook.com with your social media account or use other social media services to interact with Baityourhook.com, the information you choose to share with us may include the basic information available in your social media profile (including your email address, status updates and a list of your contacts). Your social media provider will be able to tell you more about how they use and process your data whenever you connect with Baityourhook.com through them.
7) What security procedures does Baityourhook.com use to safeguard your personal data?
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard your personal data. We also use security procedures, technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
8) How does Baityourhook.com treat personal data about children?
Our services are not directed at children under 16 years old. For children younger than 16 years old, the use of any of our services is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian. If we become aware that we process information of a child under 16 years old without the valid consent of a parent or guardian, we reserve the right to delete it.
9) How can you control the personal data you've given to Baityourhook.com?
You always have the right to review and control the personal information we keep and use about you. You can do this in the following ways:
- You can ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- You can inform us of any changes to your personal data, or you can ask us to correct any of the personal data we hold about you, though you may be able to make such changes yourself as explained below;
- In certain situations, you can ask us to erase, block, or restrict the processing of the personal data we hold about you, or object to particular ways in which we are using your personal data;
- In certain situations, you can also ask us to send the personal data you've given us to a third party.
Where we use your personal data on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time subject to applicable law.
If you have an online user account, you can access a significant amount of your personal data through our website/apps. Our website/apps generally present you with the option to add, update or remove information we have about you.
10) Who's responsible for the processing of personal data on the Baityourhook.com website and apps?